We Declare a Climate Emergency
We’ve signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
Like all signatories, we have committed to the following five actions:
1. Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade.
2. Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
3. Accept current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming. We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
4. Encourage our suppliers and partners to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community
5. Advocate for change. We recognise the need for system change across the industry, and call for urgent regulatory action to accelerate the transition towards zero carbon air travel.
Please consider also declaring at www.tourismdeclares.com, and follow on @tourismdeclares on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin
OUR FOCUS IS ON ONE SPECIFIC ISSUE: TRANSFORMING THE IMPACT OF TOURISM
About Overtourism Solution
We know that we all agree about the problems of overtourism, mass tourism, and unsustainable tourism. We know that understanding how to make tourism beneficial to visitors, residents and destinations is a challenging task and that there is no existing blueprint to start from. We know that people and organizations in the tourism industry can spend a lot of time and precious resources trying to figure out the best way to change things. This is where we come in. We have pioneered a model to unpack and demystify the complex arena of making tourism a win-win-win fast.
TRANSFORMING THE IMPACT OF TOURISM
A world where tourism is a driver of sustainable development that benefits visitors and residents and contributes to preserving and regenerating the places where we live and travel.
Actively contributing to the transformation of the tourism sector by collaborating with others and transfering our knowledge, tools and experience to help individuals and organizations accross sectors and geographies implement strategies beneficial to their visitors, residents and destinations.
We deliver consultancy using workshops, field visits, staff and official meetings and report and project development. Where clients have already implemented new strategies or programs, we help them review their existing system to consider how it can be strengthened to better help them work towards their goals.
We will contribute towards the global knowledge base on sustainable tourism and development by generating sector knowledge. One of our objectives of 2020 is the creation of on open source resource
We promote sector-wide awareness and understanding of the impact of tourism and of the methods to ensure that visitors, residents and destinations benefit from the industry . To do this we speak at conferences globally, collaborate with media and deliver training courses and seminars.